to the Lair. My name is Skye and the Lair is a reinventing of my old pagan website SkyeWolf's Place. For an introduction and somewhat of an explanation please see the first post entitled Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit.

I am a gothy Dark Pagan with heavy leanings toward the Celtic tradition, and a smattering of Kemet, Hindu and Santeria. Just a little eclectic... I am a freelance artist who works in digital (and the occasional pencil sketch) and does fantasy and science fiction. I am also the Art Director and general go-to girl for a small press publishing company.

I hope you enjoy your time here with me and stop back often to visit. Bring a friend. :)

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit...

For years I kept my own pagan website. I would update it on occasion with rituals I wrote, research I did etc. I had even been asked by one of the editors at Llewellyn to write a piece for the 2007 Wiccan Almanac (staunchly NOT Wiccan, but it was such a kick to be asked that I wrote the piece anyway). But last year when the US economy tanked, one of the first things I did to start cutting expenses was let the domain name lapse and cancel the hosting. It was desperately in need of a redesign that I had no time to do, I hadn't added new content to it in probably years and it was suffering badly from general neglect, so it seemed a sensible thing to do.

Of course when I first bought the domain name and designed the site way back in 1998 blogs were in their infancy and didn't have anywhere near the popularity and ease of use they do now. Nor was I as web-savvy as I've become over the last 10 years. Now that blogs have become so commonplace and simple to set up and maintain I've been thinking a lot about re-inventing my original website as a simple blog.

I am a freelancer and work several jobs to help make ends met. Needless to say this schedule doesn't leave a whole lot of time for my spirituality and that's something I'm really starting to miss. For a very long time it was an integral part of my life. It's still very much a part of who I am however the day to day practice of it is suffering as much from neglect as the forgotten website was.

That said, I am also in the process of moving, again due to the failing US economy. My books, supplies, tools and furniture are packed in boxes waiting, patiently, for me to unpack and set things up again. For a new start.

Today also happens to be the first day of my birth month and I thought to myself, what better time to start to again devote a small portion of each day to my spirituality. Whether it be writing, sharing a bit of research, a ritual I wrote or a personal experience that touched me in some way. I am hoping, having this blog will motivate me to keep up with it on a regular basis.

So what can you hope to find here on any given day? Who knows. I can't even promise there will be something new every day. All I can promise is that whatever it is, it will be a part of me in some way.

I hope you come along for the ride. :)

2 comments:

Woodrow "asim" Jarvis Hill said...

*smile* Just one more blog to keep up with -- how bad could it be?

StevieC71 said...

Now that I know how to make comments work- good to see you have this going, great background!!!

Post a Comment

CURRENT MOON