to the Lair. My name is Skye and the Lair is a reinventing of my old pagan website SkyeWolf's Place. For an introduction and somewhat of an explanation please see the first post entitled Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit.

I am a gothy Dark Pagan with heavy leanings toward the Celtic tradition, and a smattering of Kemet, Hindu and Santeria. Just a little eclectic... I am a freelance artist who works in digital (and the occasional pencil sketch) and does fantasy and science fiction. I am also the Art Director and general go-to girl for a small press publishing company.

I hope you enjoy your time here with me and stop back often to visit. Bring a friend. :)

Oh what a tangled web we weave....

Today I manged to tie just about everything, including this blog, into my Facebook page. Now, this blog, articles I write on my web page and images I post to my newly founded Tumblr account all post to my Facebook news feed. (My website articles also post to twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn) Not to be outdone, the Tumblr account loops back to the gallery at SkyeWolf Images when you click on the photo. This makes me insanely happy.

Why does this make me insanely happy? (I don't know maybe you didn't ask that but I'm going to tell you anyway.) Because it makes it that much easier to promote myself in one place. I know. In a perfect world I should be able to post everything in one place and have it propagate to all the others but the world isn't perfect and I'll take what I can get. Let's be honest. At any given time there's maybe 30 people on my website. Let's make that 30 entities because I'm convinced 90% of those entities are bots or spammers. My Twitter account has 169 (166, 171, it fluctuates) followers but my Facebook account? 720 people.

Now I'm not delusional enough to think all those 720 people are following my every movement on Facebook. I'm not even insane enough to think half those people read what I write. But it's still an opportunity, an off chance, of reaching 720 people in one fell swoop. Way too good to pass up. Anyone remember that old shampoo commercial, "and she told two friends and she told two friends". You never know anymore what's going to go viral or when.

So yes, all this spider webbing and inter-connectivity makes me insanely happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CURRENT MOON